The 2014 Mid-South Book Festival was held on Thursday, September 25th through Sunday, September 28th. While some events were ticketed, the Mid-South Book Festival was FREE and open to the public.
The 2015 Mid-South Book Festival will be held on September 9-13 at Playhouse on the Square and Circuit Playhouse. More details soon!
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors, this event raised funds for Literacy Mid-South's many programs for children and adults!
The event featured celebrity authors from around the country, including:
- Daniel Wallace, Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions
- Julia Reed, But Momma Always Put Vodka in the Sangria
- Neil White, In the Sanctuary of Outcasts
- Jennifer Chandler, Simply Grilling
- Mark Greaney, The Gray Man
- Lisa Patton, Southern and a Second Language
- Janis Kearney, President Clinton's personal memoirist
- Scott Heim, Mysterious Skin
- Michael Lowenthal, The Paternity Test
- Barry Wolverton, Neversink
- Courtney Miller Santo, Three Story House
- Vince Vawter, Paperboy
- And 30 more!
The event also featured:
- Creative writing seminars
- Speaking panels
- Author's Hall for local and regional authors
- Children's Area
- Chalk Walk poetry and short story area
- Food trucks
- Live musical performances
- Roving performance artists
- Multiple book stores
- And much more!